Tagline

Tagline

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Trip to Sacred Heart Apostolic School Day 6

(dad's perspective)
We went skiing yesterday and it was AMAZING!  This was my boys and my first time skiing. The weather was perfect, the motivation was there, and we dominated the "bunny" slope, lol!  After skiing for about 2 hrs, I finally was motivated to attempt the steeper and more challenging slope.  After riding on the ski lift and trying not to look down, I was finally at the top of the slope.  Wow! How intimidating it was to look down the slope.  Oh well, only one way down.  I made the sign of the cross, asked for God's mercy and went for it!  Going down, I entered the slope at an angle so that i would not gain so much speed, but the slope was extremely steep that I started gaining speed really really quickly. BOOM!  I think I flipped over, lol!  I noticed I was still in one piece and there were no broken bones.  So I got up and started down the slope again.  Surprisingly enough, I survived and made it down the rest of the slope, YEAH!  What a rush!  I felt totally over confident and tried it again.  Wrong decision.  I wiped out twice pretty bad, again, before reaching the bottom of the slope, lol!  What a great experience!
It was amusing to see my boys' determined faces as they went down the slope as I watched them from the ski lift on my way up the slope.  I would call them from the ski lift.  I knew they could hear me, however I could tell that they did not want to turn around because that could cause them to fall and wipe out. This was a memorable day for me.

Today we went to go do some ice skating.  As soon as we got there, my youngest son seemed a little nervous.  This was going to be his first time ice skating and was not too excited about it.  I asked him to come and pick out his ice skates and he did not want to.  I told him that he needed to at least try it out.  He then started crying.  I immediately hugged him and invited him to come and see the ice rink.  He accepted.  He was amazed at how big the rink was and how cold the arena was.  I told him that there was nothing to worry about.  If he wanted to, he could skate for 5 minutes and if he wanted to, we could stop after that.  I also told him that he would be using the ice skating aid which would prevent him from falling and getting hurt.  He finally agreed.  I helped him put on his skates and accompanied him to the rink.  Father and I gave him some tips on how to skate and he tried it.  He did it a couple of times and felt much more comfortable.  I told him I was very proud of him.
Great day!scASDFASD



























1 comment: